Volunteer today to help your neighbors in Elkhart, IN!
Volunteering at Church Community Services is a wonderful way to give back by sharing your gifts, having fun, and getting involved. CCS offers great opportunities whether you are looking to volunteer regularly or you are just interesting in something short-term. We appreciate all of our volunteers because we rely on your help to provide these valuable services to the community.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Prior to volunteering, we ask that all volunteers attend one volunteer orientation session. These sessions help you get to know Church Community Services a little better, while allowing us to find a good fit for your interests. To schedule an orientation session, please email Gwen Hershberger at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 574-295-3673 ext 112.
Here are a few volunteer possibilities to consider:
- assisting guests with their shopping in the food pantry
- unloading food deliveries
- stocking shelves
- rescuing and sorting donations from local merchants
- setting up the food pantry for daily food distributions
- delivering groceries monthly to homebound individuals
- hosting a food drive with your school, organization, church, book club, etc.
- mentoring a woman in the Soup Of Success training program
- child care at monthly Soup Of Success reunion nights
- assisting with the Men Alive program.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Are you part of a Sunday School Class, service club, sorority, coffee group, business, etc. that would like to serve the community? We have unique daytime, weekday opportunities for groups to help with production of Soup Of Success products. All we ask is that you have at least 5 people in your group.
Groups can also:
- Conduct a food drive
- Hold garage or rummage sale and donate proceeds to CCS
- Hold a Service Day when employees volunteer for CCS or other local charity
- Collect “fees” for dress down Fridays and donate to CCS
- Plan a Hunger Awareness Meal
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Gwen Hershberger at 574-295-3673 x112 or email@example.com if you have any questions or would like more information.